Summary of current Lifeboat Foundation activities
1) Feedspot has awarded our blog as a top 50 chemistry website! See our ranking on their site!
Our blog has passed 10,000 educational posts! Also, we have increased our social media outreach to over 100,000 people including our Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+, and blog participants.
2) We are within 60 days of releasing the second editions of our books Visions of the Future and Prospects for Human Survival. The first edition of Visions of the Future reached #1 on the “Hot New Releases in Science Fiction Anthologies” on Amazon.
3) We have created an updated Lifeboat Foundation Introduction Video.
4) The Lifeboat Foundation is now supporting the Major Mouse Testing Program (MMTP).
This is an initiative intended to speed up testing and replication of promising potential treatments for aging in mice. Their latest task is to test a new class of compounds, Senolytics, on their ability to extend healthy lifespan by clearing out dysfunctional cells in the body.
5) Lifeboat Foundation Conference support
The Lifeboat Foundation supported 35 conferences this year. They included:
The Ninth Conference on Artificial General Intelligence was held in New York on July 16–19. Our Joscha Bach, Eric Baum, Dietmar Bruckner Antonio Chella, Haris Dindo, Tom Everitt, Stan Franklin, Ben Goertzel, David Hanson, Bill Hibbard, Marcus Hutter, Matthew Iklé, Ed Keller, Randal Koene, Kai-Uwe Kühnberger, Christian Lebiere, Moshe Looks, Gary Marcus, Florin Popescu, Alexey Potapov, Sebastian Rudolph, Rafal Rzepka, Ricardo Sanz, Jürgen Schmidhuber, Leslie Smith, Bas Steunebrink, Claes Strannegård, Julian Togelius, Pei Wang, and Roman Yampolskiy participated/spoke.
The BSAAM’s 13th Annual Anti Ageing Conference London 2016 was held October 13–15 in London. Our Aubrey de Grey, Brian Halvorsen, Kiran Krishnan, Marios Kyriazis, Karl J. Neeser, Avijit Roy, Giovanni Scapagnini, Maria Somers, Miguel Toribio-Mateas, and Jesús A. F. Tresguerres participated.
LaBITconf Buenos Aires 2016, focused on bitcoin and blockchain technology, was held November 4–5 in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Our Nubis Bruno, Anthony Di Iorio, Juan Llanos, Trace Mayer, Tatiana Moroz, and Diego Gutiérrez Zaldívar spoke.
The New Worlds 2016 Conference was held November 4–5 in Austin, Texas. Our Pete Garretson, Jim Logan, Philip Metzger, Tiago Soromenho, Rick Tumlinson, Pete Worden, Alvin Yew, and Robert Zubrin participated.
2016 IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence was held December 6–9 in Athens, Greece. Our Giovanni Acampora, Andrew Adamatzky, Itamar Arel, Wlodek Duch, Stan Franklin, Ben Goertzel, Ali Reza Khanteymoori, Quan Liu, Fabrizio Maria Maggi, Nikhil R. Pal, Massimiliano Vasile, and Pei Wang participated.
6) The Lifeboat Foundation is supporting the Cyborg Dad who is being discriminated against for being a cyborg.
7) Do you have a project that would benefit from the advice and input of our advisory board members? If so, send an email with the subject “Lifeboat Foundation Projects” to [email protected]
Our goal is $25,000. Help us make 2017 our best year yet.
Use the below form to donate via
bitcoin, bytecoin, check,
You can also send anonymous
anoncoin donations to ALifeboatMFbsbBnM157zSwmvLefBMFyRA,
bitcoin donations to 1LifeboatVPg24QghZ73Dzrx8AxcJLCnoA,
bytecoin donations to 27Ztk296eht7kvkuSWBnSHFkyJuBz12aUQD3JGAB9TzfTmij
vGVsB4626pMkC7ZPHvM8oNBxPSW6NGjtvvY4hdTSEzxz3NQ, CryptogenicBullion to 5oLifeboahKRRBegBet6wKknJXKgZaC2n1, darkcoin to XoLifeboayhU2V4cZjzEWrVY1bs4EXRzVj, litecoin to LLifeboat89KCQKb9XEH2XGAQqbr2KnUp9, monero at 42BToafqtFZDrGPVzWrTCoG2fd2joMvK4BGV3tiQFnE1HhyQ
5Ug1QzRNLL5xFHyNHc6rLZbZ8GpqV1V41FzNsaxtPbg2LJd, noblecoin to 9oLifeboaAJZD99ewSfEadFQuYRxEwrRFu, NXT to 15218141642686933204, peercoin to PLifeboatRZmTjrLMs6Cpa14Sqc8Nwyq6p, and solarcoin to 8LifeboatJu4KqsL5NCtmd45dkD2aFK59X. You can also donate American Express membership reward points.