Professor Rodney E. Shackelford
E. Shackelford, D.O., Ph.D. is
Assistant Professor, Tulane University Health Sciences
Department of Pathology
and Laboratory Medicine.
He coauthored Cell cycle control, checkpoint mechanisms, and genotoxic stress, The Ataxia telangiectasia Gene Product Is Required for Oxidative Stress-induced G1 and G2Checkpoint Function in Human Fibroblasts, Oxidized Low Density Lipoprotein Suppresses Activation of NFκB in Macrophages via a Pertussis Toxin-sensitive Signaling Mechanism, Aspirin Inhibits Tumor Necrosis Factor-α Gene Expression in Murine Tissue Macrophages, and Maleylated-BSA induces hydrolysis of PIP2, fluxes of Ca2+, NF-κB binding, and transcription of the TNF-α gene in murine macrophages.
His awards and honors include:
- Marquis Who’s Who in America
- One of three winners of the Albert G. Smith Resident Research Forum Award
- Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering
- Marquis Who’s Who in Medicine and Healthcare & Who? Who in America
- Stowell-Orbison Award Certificate of Merit for poster presentation at the United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology Meeting. Atlanta, GA.
- Continental Who’s Who Registry of National Business Leaders
- Young Investigator Award from the Association for Molecular Pathology
- Granted a Special Certificate for excelling in the area of Psychiatry and Behavior Medicine while attending Des Moines University of Osteopathic Medicine
- Chosen to display a poster at the Eighth Annual American Medical Student Associations Poster Session. A travel award was also received to cover travel costs.
- A Research/Publication Scholarship of $1,000 from Des Moines University of Osteopathic Medicine
- Strathmore’s Who’s Who in America
- National Research Service Award
Read Telomeres, Telomerase, and Aging. Visit his Facebook page.