Joyce L. Gioia, MBA, CMC, CSP
Joyce L. Gioia,
MBA, CMC, CSP (joy-yah) career includes a wide variety of industries and
fields, including hard goods, soft goods, wholesale, retail, and direct
marketing. After founding her first company at the tender age of 14,
later at the age of 28, she was the youngest magazine publisher in the
country, publishing The Complete Buyers Guide to Stereo/Hi-Fi
for Service Communications Ltd.
- BA, the University of Denver, Major —Mass Communications and Languages, 1967.
- MBA, Fordham University, 1976.
- President/CEO, The Herman Group
- CEO, Employer of Choice, Inc.
- Publisher of Weekly FREE Herman Trend Alerts
- Contributing Editor, Workforce and Workplace, The Futurist Magazine
- Contributing Editor, Hotel Executive and Hotel Business Review Magazines.
- Certified Management Consultant, by the Institute of Management Consultants
- Certified Speaking Professional, by the National Speakers Association
- Founding Member, Association of Professional Futurists
- World Future Society (Professional Member)
- American Society for Training and Development
- National Speakers Association (Professional Member)
- Institute of Management Consultants (former Chapter President)
- Impending Crisis: Too Many Jobs, Too Few People
- How to Become an Employer of Choice
- Workforce Stability: Your Competitive Edge
- Lean & Meaningful: A New Culture for Corporate America
- How to Choose your Next Employer
Focusing on what will be valuable for her clients and audiences, Joyce tailors her messages to what is most needed with an emphasis on take-home value, practical tactics and strategies that can be put to work right away. To reach an even wider audience, she has authored five books.
A respected professional speaker and consultant, Joyce has earned the designation Certified Management Consultant, the highest certification granted by The Institute of Management Consultants. She also earned the coveted Certified Speaking Professional designation from the National Speakers Association. Joyce contributes a regular column to Hotel Executive Magazine, as well as assorted articles to Human Resource Executive, World at Work, and Workforce Magazine. She is also CEO of Employer of Choice, Inc., the organization that certifies employers as Employers of Choice®.
Often quoted in media, like Industry Week, The Christian Science Monitor, Entrepreneur Magazine, Business Week, The Economist, The Wall Street Journal, and on National Public Radio, Joyce is recognized as one who not only knows what’s coming, but can communicate that future very effectively. She has also appeared on numerous radio and television talk shows and was featured in an episode of New Attitudes on the Lifetime Cable Network. She is listed in Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in the East, and the International Who’s Who of Business Executives.
Watch Change Managers – Interview with Joyce L. Gioia – Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3. Read her paper Shifting Corporate Culture: From Lean Mean to Lean Meaningful. Follow her Twitter feed.