Professor Stephen F. Steele
Stephen F. Steele, Ph.D. is
Professor of Sociology and Futures Studies,
Institute for the Future, Anne Arundel Community College.
Steve’s awards include:
- Excellence in Teaching Award, 1992, School of Business and Management, The Johns Hopkins University School of Continuing Studies
- Hans O. Mauksch Award, 1993, Section on Undergraduate Education, American Sociological Association
- Awards National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development Award, 1996
- Alex Boros Award for contributions to the field of Applied Sociology, Society for Applied Sociology, 1998
- William Foote Whyte Award for Sociological Practice, Sociological Practice Section, American Sociological Association, 2001
He authored Futures Learning Tool Living in 2050: Nine Trips to the Future and Back, Allyn and Bacon quick guide to the Internet for Henslin sociology: A down-to-earth approach, and Applied Sociology : Concepts, Constructs, and Careers, coauthored Applied Sociology: Terms, Topics, Tools, and Tasks, Solution-Centered Sociology: Addressing Problems through Applied Sociology, and The Center for the Study of Local Issues: A Vehicle for Applied Sociology, and coedited Directions in Applied Sociology: Presidential Addresses of the Society for Applied Sociology, 1985–1995. Read Ask About the Future.