Renata G. Bushko, M.S.
“If you understand something in only one way, then you don’t understand
it at all. So take this journey with Renata to envision many versions
of future health technology.”|
|Professor Marvin Minsky, MIT|
Marvin Minksy was talking about Future of Health Technology (Studies in Health Technology and Informatics, V. 80). Renata also edited Future of Intelligent and Extelligent Health Environment: Volume 118 Studies in Health Technology and Informatics.
Renata G. Bushko, M.S. is Director of the Future of Health Technology Institute (FHTI), a health technology think-tank dedicated to defining the health technology agenda for the 21st century. She founded Future of Health Technology Institute in 1996 and has since chaired eleven Future of Health Technology Summits. These summits engage leading minds from the technology and healthcare fields in envisioning the future of technology for global healthcare.
The Goals of the Future of Health Technology Institute are:
- Develop a vision of the future of health care as supported by current and future health technologies.
- Define 7 most promising health technology research areas.
- Show how technology driven cost increase of healthcare could be stopped, and even reversed by a new allocation of research and development resources.
- Define fruitful emerging R&D areas with potential impact on health and healthcare.
- Identify new technologies that are possible and needed in health and wellness maintenance.
- Identify R&D needed to meet future health challenges.
- Identify current best products preparing healthcare for the 21st century.
She worked for 15 years as an executive in computer industry and as an analyst for IDC defining future trends in technology. She holds a Master of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science with specialization in intelligent systems from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) and a BA in Computer Science from Smith College. Her graduate work at MIT was done under Professor Marvin Minsky one of the founders of the field of Artificial Intelligence.