Dr. Oren Froy
Oren Froy, Ph.D. is Senior Lecturer, Institute of Biochemistry,
Science and Nutrition, Faculty of Agricultural, Food, and Environmental
Quality, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Rehovot.
His research interests are:
- Molecular analysis of the biological clock in mammals
- The relationship between the biological clock and nutrition
- Control of the biological clock over the innate immunity
- Regulation of mammalian defensin expression.
- Structure/function of mammalian defensins
- Defensin and Toll-like receptor expression in diabetes
- Molecular evolution of defensins
Oren earned his BSc in 1994 and his MSc in 1995 both at Tel-Aviv University, Faculty of Life Sciences. He earned his Ph.D. from Tel-Aviv University with the thesis “Scorpion neurotoxins: structure-activity relationship, evolution, and potential application” in 1999. He did his post doctorate work in neurosciences at Harvard Medical School and University of Massachusetts Medical School from 2000 to 2003.
Watch his SENS 3 presentation The relationship between calorie restriction and the biological clock: lessons from long-lived transgenic mice.